75 North Walnut Street, Germantown, OH 45327 | (937) 855-7255
Historically, the beginnings of the Germantown Fire Department dates to December 28, 1832, when an ordinance was passed which authorized the appointment of two men to serve as fire inspectors. Four months later, a follow-up ordinance was passed requiring each household to be equipped with a leather fire bucket.
In May 1836, the Germantown Fire Engine and Hose Co. was organized to operate on a five-year basis. In November of the same year, another ordinance was passed requiring all able-bodied men and women to respond to fire alarms with their fire bucket.
Today the Germantown Fire Department provides fire prevention, fire suppression, and rescue services utilizing paid-on-call firefighters. We are allowed to be staffed with 28 members, including one full time position: Fire Chief.
The Municipality of Germantown would like to have your input on new ideas and feedback on how we are doing. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Municipality of Germantown has vacancies for the following Municipal Boards: Board of Tax Appeals, Planning Commission, Personnel Board, Board of Zoning Appeals and the Park Board.
The Twisted Pretzel Tour is a mass start timed event through the beautiful Germantown countryside. The first annual tour will kick off at 8:30 AM, Saturday, September 27, 2014.